Screen Printing 101 Academy Class | April Friday 16 - Saturday 17
Screen Printing Academy
Los Angeles, CA
2 Day Class
Get started where the pros got started. Mclogan has been teaching and starting companies in the screen printing business since 1922. We are now offering a two-day class that will get you started in the screen printing business. The class will teach everything from exposing screens to the business side of screen printing. When you have completed the academy you will be ready to open a business or start your own T-shirt company.
We will be keeping the class size to a maximum of 12 people, so we have more one-on-one time with each student.
- Introduction to Art; Vector art with Photoshop, Jpeg, tiff, and bmp, spot color, separations, 4 color process, and assorted graphic programs.
- Films and Output; Why an ink jet printer? Inkjet RIP, plotters, density req.
- Screen Preparation; Frame & mesh selection, pre-stretched wood versus aluminum and pre-production paperwork.
- Setting up a Screen room; Racks, lighting, dehumidifiers and environment.
- Pre-press; Degreasing, emulsions, coating, drying, exposure and block-out.
- Setting Up a Job & Printing; Print order, registration, strike-offs and printing techniques.
7. Curing Parameters; Flash temperatures, final cure parameters and testing.
8. Breaking Down a Job; Proper cleaning techniques, washing screens for storage or reclamation, filing screens and inspection of screens.
9. Production Tracking; Final counts, cleaning garments, misprints and filling out production reports for job repeatability and consistency.
10. Additional Tips & Advice; Print placements, Photoshop separation guide, blends, puff ink tricks, curable reducers and assorted short cuts.
11. Screen Printing as a Business; Tips on the business side of screen printing. Learn how to supplement your income or create your own company through screen printing.
Here's What Our Students Say ❞
❝The amount of info was the best. I learned more in 2 days than a screen printing class in community college.❞
❝I really did enjoy every part of the class, but hands on the press was the fave. I believe the class was perfect overall for 2 days. Great job instructors!! Thank you for making the class fun & being informative.❞
❝Overall, the class was great and offered so much information. Both instructors were awesome.❞
❝Very informative. Well spoken/explained very well. ❞
❝Love the hands on training. Jesse & Matt are great instructors.❞
❝I learned things I would have never learned off YouTube.❞
❝Great class! Exceeded my expectations.❞
❝The entire class was great❞
❝I like the hands on. I have never screenprinted and I feel a lot more comfortable screen printing.❞
Special pricing on equipment and supplies will be available to all students attending the two-day class.
Please specify desired shirt size in comment box at checkout. If no comment is left, we will supply either Large or X-Large shirts.
We look forward to seeing you at the classes!
Cancellation Policy: You can reschedule your class for another date as long as you provide us with 14 DAY notice. If you do not contact us 14 DAYS in advance you will be charged a re-booking fee of $50. To make arrangements, or to request help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (213) 749-2262.